Today I want to cover the basic tools for cardmaking. There are somethings that simply make cardmaking easier. When you have the right tools you don’t struggle with the basics.
Everyone I am sure has their own idea about which tools are essential. The following are the ones I think are basic:
- Basic Tools
- A good pair of paper snips, something that cuts all the way to the tip of the scissors $10
- pair of scissors dedicated to cutting ribbon exclusively $10
- Ruler $3
- Paper Trimer, preferably with a scoring blade $25
- Glue Erase $5
- Sand Eraser $5
- Liquid Glue $5
- Bone Folder $7
- Glue tape runner $8 – refills prices vary
- Pick tool $10
- A couple of Lucite blocks $17
- glue dots $5
- dimensionals $4
The above group of tools will cost in the neighborhood of $120.
- Next in Line
- Stamp Positioner – $50
- Die Cutting Machine – $120
All of the items noted above are based on Stampin’ Up! products and prices, some products are not sold by SU.
To accomplish more advanced techniques like Heat Embossing, Guilding, Ink Blending and so on more equipment may be needed. Like many hobbies you can get along with the basics or you have to have it all.
Future Posts will include ink, colored paper, Designer Series Paper, Stamps, Dies, Embossing Folders, coloring tools and embellishments .