This card has a surprise inside, the butterflies on both sides look like they wrap around the card! This background paper for the Bijou Butterfly DSP is so pretty. I did offset the sentiment and used a belly band to hold this one closed.
Measurements and Supplies for today’s Mother’s Day Butterfly Gate Fold Card:
- I used a Calypso Coral Base measuring 8 ½” by 5 ½”, Scored and folded at 2 1/8” from both sides, plus a piece of scrap to cut the backing for the sentiment
- I used a piece of the Butterfly Bijou 6” by 6” DSP and cut two (2) pieces 2” by 5 3/8” for the two front panels of the card – as well as a small piece of scrap for the sentiment.
- Then I used the small pattern of white dots on Calypso coral to cut two pieces ½” wide to make my bellyband and fussy cut one of the butterflies from the DSP
- Next a piece Whisper White/Basic White 3 ¾” by 5” for the inside of the card
- Finally Some scrap Basic Black to die cut the Butterflies